Tuesday, April 3, 2012
A small bedroom fire broke out around 6:20 p.m. Monday.
An elderly couple was unharmed Monday evening after a small bedroom fire in their Winstead Avenue home. Firefighters at the scene said a lamp in a bedroom caught on fire, but luckily for the couple, it did not spread. Firefighters pulled a white end table with black soot in a ring-like pattern out of the home and onto the home's front lawn. The call came in at about 6:20 p.m. and three fire trucks responded.
Monday, March 12, 2012
A fan in the back storage area caught fire Monday evening.
Dedham firefighters responded to Lululemon Athletica at Legacy Place Monday at around 5 p.m. for a fire that originated in a back storage area. Dedham Fire Deputy Chief John O'Brien told Dedham Patch that merchandise too close to a fan caused the fire. The store's sprinkler system activated and knocked down most of the flames, however firefighters had to connect a hose to quell the rest of the blaze. Firefighters took about 15 minutes to douse the flames, and were on scene for about an hour, O'Brien said. Damage was contained to the rear storage area, O'Brien said, with minimal fire damage. About six employees and an unknown number of customers were in the store and yoga studio at the time of the fire, but no one reported injuries, O'…
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Two taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after the 7 a.m. blaze.
Dedham Firefighters took about 20 minutes to gain control of a bedroom fire that extended to the attic at 271 East St. about 7 a.m. Wednesday morning. According to Deputy Chief Bill Spillane, all occupants of the two-family duplex were out of the house upon fire department's arrival. Three residents in 271 East St. made it out unassisted, and two residents were transported to Brigham and Women's Hospital for smoke inhalation, but no one suffered external burn injuries. Their side of the duplex is not inhabitable due to heavy water and smoke damage, Spillane said in a phone interview Wednesday afternoon. One cat died in the fire. Initial findings of a town and state investigation report that the fire was started by "careless disposal of …
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The following is an excerpt from the Dedham Police Department log from Jan. 12-16. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account.
The following information was supplied by the Dedham Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction. Thursday, Jan. 12 Friday, Jan. 13 Saturday, Jan. 14 Sunday, Jan. 15 Monday, Jan. 16
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Fire officials say no injuries were reported.
Dedham fire officials are blaming a cigarette jammed in a potted plant for a small deck fire Tuesday afternoon at Station 250. No injuries or evacuations were reported, officials said. Fire Deputy Bill Spillane said when they arrived to the 7000 unit, the deck of a second-floor apartment was on fire. Firefighters found several old cigarette butts on the deck and one stuck in a potted plant that had fallen from the ceiling to the deck, Spillane said at the scene. The sprinkler above the deck didn't activate, and no alarms sounded, the deputy said. Spillane estimated a couple hundred dollars worth of damage, but said it could've been a lot worse if the fire had gone up the side of the building. "That's the problem with these buildings here. …