The following is an excerpt from the Dedham Police Department log from Dec. 12-14. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account.
The following information was supplied by the Dedham Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction. Monday, Dec. 12 Tuesday, Dec. 13 Wednesday, Dec. 14
Dedham's building inspector and fire officials are investigating and will monitor the condition of the home.
A family of five living on Maverick Street in Dedham will have to find a new place to stay following a report of chronic and long-term carbon monoxide poisoning. The landlord of the four-home rental unit will have to pay for accommodations for the family by state law, according to fire officials. A carbon monoxide detector in a unit on the other end of the house went off Thursday morning, but Dedham Fire Department Deputy Chief Bill Spillane said the affected family suffered from chronic exposure to the deadly, tasteless, odor-free gas. "This didn't happen overnight," Spillane said at the scene. "The furnace was plugged up." All tenants in the rental units declined medical attention after CO tests didn't show carbon monoxide poisoning, …