In the mood for some corned beef and cabbage? Then stop by The Olde Irish Alehouse, located on the Charles River. This historic restaurant is housed in the original location of the Charles River Canoe House and dates back to the turn of the century. Owner Michael Hegarty, who founded the restaurant in 1982, serves up Irish specialties year-round, in addition to other homemade, fresh food. Regular weekly entertainment includes trivia, sports trivia, karaoke, acoustic music and Irish folk groups. A spacious and airy function room, Waterford Place, is located on the second floor and is the perfect spot for special events.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 2pm - 1am; Fri - Sun, noon - 1 am. The function room is available at any time by request.
- Handicap Accessible: The main entrance is level with the sidewalk; there is an elevator for the function room.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Irish favorites such as corned beef and cabbage, farmhouse chicken pie, Irish stew, bangers and mash, fish and chips and Mulligan stew.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Irish
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Bob Wheaton
- Number of tables: 15080
- Features: Banquets, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Private Parties, View, Waterfront
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual