Home of the Marauders, Dedham High School is the only public high school in town and supports an enrollment of 786 students. The school offers a variety of courses from English to occupational and computer business courses. In addition to meeting course requirements, students must complete 40 hours of community service to graduate. The beginnings of DHS dates back to 1851, and moving forward to the opening of the Whiting Avenue school in 1959. While the school has undergone one addition in 1976 and a 1999 renovation of the library, most of the outside still reflects the original 1959 building.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:35am - 2:10pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Street access
- Number of students: 786
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student Newspaper (Dedham Mirror), Yearbook
- Sports teams: Cheerleading, Cross Country (B/G), Field Hockey, Soccer (B/G), Football, Golf, Swimming, Volleyball, Basketball (B/G), Ice Hockey (B/G), Indoor Track (B/G), Outdoor Track (B/G), Lacrosse (B/G), Softball, Tennis (B/G), Wrestling, Baseball.