Students in grades one through five in eastern Dedham attend Avery Elementary School, built in 1921.
Avery hosts a summer institute for students entering kindergarten through fifth grade. During the school year, students can participate in the After School Enrichment program.
In January 2010, voters chose to approve a measure to build a new elementary school on Pottery Lane, backing up to the rear of Dedham High School. The estimated $23.3 million project will build a 61,000 square foot building, more than 25,000 square feet bigger than the current school.
- Hours: Arrival: 8:30am. Pick-up: 3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The school has a ramp.
- Number of students: 226
- Male-to-female ratio: .93:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9.9:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 1-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Library