Here's a look at what's scheduled for the week ahead in Dedham.
Dedham Dancing With The Stars
Check back with Dedham Patch this week for updates and the latest information on the upcoming Dedham Dancing with the Stars. The event will be held on Saturday, February 1 at Moseley's On The Charles Ballroom and Banquet Facility.
Town Hall 101 Presented by WINDD
Join Women in Democracy-Dedham and special guest Nancy Baker, assistant town administrator, for an overview of town government. What are the different departments, boards, elected positions? How do they all work together? What are the opportunities to get involved? The event will take place Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Endicott Estate, 656 East St., Dedham.
A Song for Ryan: A Benefit for SUDC Research and Advocacy
On January 17, 18 and 19, Meshach Sicot of Dedham will be performing alongside over 130 students from the Plugged In music program to raise awareness and
funds for the Ryan Mancini Charitable Foundation. The performances take place at Powers Hall, Needham Town Hall, 1471 Highland Ave, Needham.
Free Orientation to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is a program that not only instills peace of mind but also promotes good physical health as recent research suggests. Do not let stress and anxiety rob you of living fully in the moment. Attend the free orientation to learn more about this life-changing program and experience mindfulness for yourself. The free orientation will take place on Thursday, January 16, from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. at Visions Health Care, 910 Washington St. Dedham.
Meetings This Week
- Meeting of the Committee to Study Charter Amendment-Re: Care, Custody & Control -- Monday, Jan. 13, 6 p.m., O'Brien Meeting Room, Town Hall.
- Master Plan Implementation Committee -- Monday, Jan. 13, 7 p.m. Town Hall.
- Open Space Committee -- Monday, Jan. 13, 7:30 p.m., Lower Conference Room, Town Hall.
- Board of Selectmen -- Thursday, Jan. 16, 7 p.m., O'Brien Meeting Room, Town Hall.
- Conservation Commission -- Thursday, Jan. 16, 7 p.m., Lower Conference Room, Town Hall.