The Dedham Board of Selectmen on Wednesday night will speak with two consulting groups regarding the search for a new Town Manager.
Officials will speak with representatives from the Edward J. Collins Center for Public Management as well as with the MMA Consulting Group Wednesday in regards to the search.
Former Town Administrator Bill Keegan wrapped up his career in Dedham on Friday, April 11 and began his role as Foxborough's Town Manager on Tuesday, April 22.
"'I'm looking forward to it," Keegan told Dedham Patch recently. "There's a lot to do. the town has not had an administrator in place for the past nine months or so. The present acting town manager has done a very decent job of keeping things together. I'll be working with him very closely over the next couple of months."
Keegan also reflected on the recent ballot question in this year's Town Election that looked to change the title of Town Administrator to Town Manager, a measure that voters supported.
"I'm really pleased to see that happened," he said. "I think that's the next appropriate evolution of government and I think Dedham has risen to that level of leadership. By doing that, it just allowed us to do things a little more officially in some cases, and we've really been able to put Dedham on the map."
Former Assistant Town Administrator Nancy Baker is currently serving as Dedham's Interim Town Manager while the search proceeds.
Below is the full agenda for the meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23 in the O'Brien Meeting Room at Dedham Town Hall.
Board of Selectmen Agenda: April 23, 2014
- 7:30 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance
- 7:35 p.m. Dedham Citizens-Open Discussion
- 7:45 p.m. Interview with Edward J. Collins Center for Public Management, Re: Town Manager Search
- 8 p.m. Discussion/Update regarding the proposed Municipal Campus
- 8:30 p.m. Discussion with Town Engineer Jason Mammone, Re: Private Inflow Program (vote to approve sewer bill input)
- 8:45 p.m. Discussion with Town Counsel, Attorney Lauren Goldberg, Re: Approved charter changes
- 9 p.m. Interview with MMA Consulting Group, Re: Town Manager Search
Action by the Board: Approval of Selectmen's Meeting Minutes; Drainlayer's Permits; Approval of Gifts; Request from the Church of the Good Shepherd for (2) One-Day Common Victuallers Licenses (5/31/14 & 6/14/14); Request for a One-Day Liquor License from the First Church (8/30/14); Request from Greg Jundanian "Ride for Food" (9/21/14) Action Item List
EXECUTIVE SESSION — Collective Bargaining