Labor Day weekend is here, and besides stocking up for barbecues and watching college football's kick-off weekend, here are some things to do this extended weekend around town:
- If you took advantage of the weekend and chose to take Friday off, head to Nobles for a girls soccer scrimmage between Nobles and Dedham. It starts at 10 a.m., so Earl won't be here yet.
- The rain may come this weekend, but to lift your spirits, go donate blood for children at Dedham High School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. The blood drive is in the name of Sally Naser, a 10-year-old Dedham girl battling cancer.
- Get your first look at the Dedham High football team, as they will scrimmage at North Quincy Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
- On Sunday, visit two outdoor markets - the Country Market in the Square, and the open-air market at Legacy Place.
- Labor Day weather calls for a nice 78-degree day with the sun out, so head to one of several town parks and soak in the holiday.