It was a great start to the year for animals throughout the Commonwealth in need of a home.
Last month, 281 animals were adopted from , as well as the ARL's shelters in Boston and Brewster, according to a recent news post from the ARL website.
In total, the following number of animals were able to find new homes in January:
- 202 cats
- 31 dogs
- 11 birds (including two doves and nine finches)
- 12 guinea pigs
- 11 hamsters
- Seven rabbits
- Two degus
- One ferret
- One chinchilla
Meanwhile, a number of older dogs were adopted through the ARL's Animal Care and Adoption areas, including:
- 12-year-old Obie, a Labrador Retriever
- 11-year-old Diva, a miniature pinscher
- 9-year-old Cooper, a cocker spaniel
A number of older cats were also adopted, including:
- 11-year-olds Angel, Fluffy and George, adopted within one week
- 10-year-old Jelly
- 9-year-olds Diamond and Dr. Hazel
- 8-year-olds Bandit, Little Dee, Stormy and Margo
Each week, Dedham Patch features a new animal up for adoption at The Animal Rescue League of Boston's Dedham shelter as part of a . , was the most recently-featured pet.
Last July, an was adopted after being featured on Dedham Patch.