Todays Weather: Today there will be increasing clouds, with a high near 73. For tonight there will be a chance of showers, mainly after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch is possible, according to The National Weather Service.
1.The Justin House, 25 Avery Street, Dedham, will have a Hip Hop and Pilates class at 7:00 p.m. The class costs $5 to join.
2. There will be a Zumba class held at 671 High Street in Dedham. This Latin-inspired, easy-to-follow, dance-fitness party exhilarates the senses and works all major muscle groups in a high-energy cardio blast that leaves them invigorated, refreshed and full of life. The class starts at 7:15 p.m. and costs $80 for an eight-week session.
3. Every Tuesday evening at 9 p.m. come play the newly talked about Questionnairey at T.G.I.Friday's in Dedham (next to Best Buy). Questionnairey is loosely based on Family Feud but described as "not your ordinary trivia." So get your team of people to T.G.I.Friday's to test your skills at an assortment of questions!
4. The Blue Bunny will host "Preschool Storytime" at 10:30 a.m. Preschoolers will enjoy these short stories and a craft activity to follow. It's free, and pre-registration is not required.
5. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Every day we will share something that you should know about the cause. Here is a list of facts from Men Against Breast Cancer that you either may or may not know about breast cancer:
- All women are at risk of breast cancer.
- The two greatest risk factors of developing breast cancer are being a woman and getting older.
- In the Vietnam War, over 50,000 Americans died. Each year, almost as many women die of breast cancer.
- A woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes.
- A woman dies from breast cancer every 11 minutes.
- In the 1960's a woman's risk of breast cancer was 1 in 14; today a woman's risk of breast cancer is 1 in 8.
- 85% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no prior family history.
- When breast cancer is confined to the breast, the five-year survival rate is over 95%.
- Mammography detects approximately 2 to 3 times as many early breast cancers as physical examination.
- Breast cancer accounts for nearly 1 in 3 cancers diagnosed among women.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of death among women aged 35-54.