1. The Dedham Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) meeting is slated for today, Nov. 28, from 6-7 p.m. at Dedham Middle School. The goal of the meeting is to form two subcommittees: Exercise/Nutrition and Substance Abuse, which will aim to develop and implement programs, events and services for the Youth of Dedham. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-326-3120.
2. The Dedham Community House will be open for High School students from 8:15-10 p.m. tonight. Bring your friends and basketball squads over to the DCH Gymnasium (green building located behind the main house) to shoot some hoops. This activity if FREE and DCH staff will be there to monitor activities.
3. The Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary Club will meet today at 7:30 a.m. at the .
4. Local residents now have the chance to transform Dedham Square into a colorful winter wonderland in time for the Annual Dedham Square Holiday Stroll, which takes place on Friday, Nov. 30. Today, children up through eighth grade are invited to draw, paint or create a collage to represent what the holidays mean to them. Bring your picture to Dedham Square Artist Guild by the end of today, and your masterpiece will be displayed in one of the merchants’ windows throughout the Square the night of the Holiday Stroll.
5. The Dedham Dog Park is asking dog owners to register their pets online. Dog owners can either register online by clicking here or by visiting the dog park office at 269 Common St., which is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and till 7 p.m. on Wednesday.