Today's Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 46. For tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 31, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High St. in Dedham, will have an Art Challenge for the month of November. Members of the Guild will set loose to explore and capture the "Fall/Harvest in New England." The Guild will have an opening reception from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Meet the artists and enjoy a night of art!
2. The Dedham Historical Society will have a lecture on the "History of the Norfolk Prison Debate Team" at 7:30 p.m. The event will take place at 612 High St. in Dedham, and costs $5 to attend.
3. will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham, at 8 p.m. The concert is free and the performances are considered to be "a must-see."
4. There will also be a 2 for 1 Raw Bar at the Summer Shack, 850 Providence Hwy. in Dedham. So take advantage and try their oysters, shrimp, crab claws and littlenecks.
5. And today is America Recycles Day! Here are some fun facts from the Town of Dedham:
- The number of cans recycled every 30 seconds equals the number of people who could fill an entire pro football stadium.
- A glass container can go from recycling bin to a store shelf in as few as 30 days.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves the energy needed to operate a 46-inch LED TV for 3 hours.
- Did you know that shampoo and mouthwash bottles are recyclable? Even the cardboard roll from toilet paper can be recycled!
- Plastic bags are recyclable, but not at the curb. However, many retailers across the country have drop-off collections for plastic bag recycling. Other bags that can be recycled are: dry-cleaning bags, bread bags and newspaper bags.
- Did you know in most communities you don’t need to remove the cap from your PET bottle before you recycle it? The plastic cap is recyclable, too.