Today's Weather: Today will be sunny, with a high near 48. For tonight, clear skies, with a low around 30, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Dedham Parks and Recreation, 269 Common St. in Dedham, will have a Yoga class at 10 a.m. This course is designed to prepare you for any physical or mental challenges that you may be facing in your daily life, while teaching you self-awareness. The class costs $95 to attend.
2. There will be a Dedham Solar Challenge event at the Dedham Public Library, 43 Church St. in Dedham. Discuss ways to make your home more comfortable and less expensive to heat during the winter by maximizing the generous incentives and rebates offered by Mass Save®. The event is free to attend and starts at 7 p.m.
3. The Neponset Valley Sunise Rotary Club will be meeting at 7:30 a.m. The club will meet at the Holiday Inn at 55 Ariadne Rd. in Dedham.
4. There is a Needy Knitters class that will take place at Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham. This is a great time to come in and get the hand holding you need. It's a drop in so you can come only when you need help or every week. The class starts at 1 p.m. and costs $10.
5. And tomorrow will be America Recycles Day! Here are some fun facts from the Town of Dedham:
- The number of cans recycled every 30 seconds equals the number of people who could fill an entire pro football stadium.
- A glass container can go from recycling bin to a store shelf in as few as 30 days.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves the energy needed to operate a 46-inch LED TV for 3 hours.
- Did you know that shampoo and mouthwash bottles are recyclable? Even the cardboard roll from toilet paper can be recycled!
- Plastic bags are recyclable, but not at the curb. However, many retailers across the country have drop-off collections for plastic bag recycling. Other bags that can be recycled are: dry-cleaning bags, bread bags and newspaper bags.
- Did you know in most communities you don’t need to remove the cap from your PET bottle before you recycle it? The plastic cap is recyclable, too.