Invite a friend
Introduction to Gardening
Have you always wanted to grow your own food, but don't know where to start? Join Dedham Recreation & Green City Grower's horticultural professionals for a 8-week course focused on growing food intensively in raised-beds. Participate hands-on in the garden while learning the skills necessary to work your own yard or community plot into an prolific edible landscape. Green City Growers will guide you through the progression of the garden, teaching how you to maintain and harvest successful crops. Other skills and focus will include:
- Choosing the right location for your garden
- Choosing the right plants for your space and light
- Where to get quality seeds and plants, and the difference between using seeds and transplants
- Organic pest and fungal management
- Critter management
- Organic fertilization and soil quality
- Watering needs for your garden
- And more!
|Where||Dedham Parks and Recreation 269 Common St, Dedham, MA 02026|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||4:00 pm–5:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Dedham Parks and Recreation
Dedham Parks and Recreation is overseen by a five-person committee. Its purview extends to public parks, playgrounds, annual parades and recreation programs for youth and adults, such as swimming, tennis, dancing, rollerblading, basketball, weight training and softball.
The recreation department operates Dedham Pool and orchestrates the annual Dedham Day.
Inside the department's building are a dance studio and a gym. Outside, visitors can find a new softball field and an open green space.
Other events here
- Spring Open Mat Wrestling Program Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm