This time of year the Town of Dedham, personified, has plenty of reasons to want some presents.
The eight days of Hanukkah, Christmas - and least we forget its monumental 375th birthday.
We put together a few things that the town as a whole should get for presents - but have some fun and add your own.
- A successful new Avery Elementary School opening. Students are slated to run through the doors after April vacation for the final two months of the school year, so here's to a continued on-target opening.
- A $100 million gift certificate. The town's budget - when all said and done - for fiscal year 2012 eclipsed nine figures for the first time, and with inflation, rising health care costs and bargained wage increases, it's sure to go over $100 million once again.
- Smooth Square. The Dedham Square Improvement Project is on the calendar to start in April, with construction bids expected in January. Let's hope for an on-target bid and a smooth project.
- Avery Arts. The Avery Reuse Committee finished its work and recommended a new arts center for the heart of East Dedham. Now it's up to the selectmen and Town Meeting to take the next steps to make it a reality.
- To your health. And finally, one thing that everyone in Dedham would benefit from is a safe and healthy 2012!