The Dedham Fire Department was hoping that the family affected by the Curve Street fire would be able to return to their home.
Unfortunately, the fire was determined to be uninhabitable- leaving two adults and four children with no place to stay.
The Red Cross came to the assistance of the family Thursday night.
Red Cross volunteers were able to give the family emergency temporary shelter (a hotel stay), and emergency funds for food and clothing late Thursday night.
The Red Cross also gave the family "smoke packs", which are packs of strong detergent that can get rid of the smell of smoke.
The Volunteers were also able to give comfort kits, which are packs of toiletries like tooth brushes and combs, and Mickey Mouse dolls to those on the scene under 10.
If anyone would like to help by donating items for the family, please contact The Red Cross at (617) 274-5200 to get more information.