In a partnership with a few surrounding communities, the Dedham Board of Health has made suggestions for what to keep in your home in case of an emergency.
While we've been lucky so far in 2012 when it comes to snow (knock on wood), we all remember the way Mother Nature treated Dedham in 2011 with a tropical storm, blizzards and a tornado.
- One gallon of water per person, per day for three days
- Non-perishables such as canned or packaged food
- One change of clothes and footwear per person
- Three days' worth of prescription medication
- A bright flashlight and extra batteries
- Manual can opener
- Battery-powered radio and extra batteries
- Basics like soup, toilet paper and a toothbrush
- Basics like antiseptic, bandages and non-prescription medicine