Police Log: BB Guns Confiscated, Car Stolen From Starbucks
The following is an excerpt from the Dedham Police Department log from March 23-25. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account.
The following information was supplied by the Dedham Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Sunday, March 25
- At 11:40 a.m., a Starbucks patron's car was stolen while it was running outside. The 2001 Mitsubishi Galant also had two computers inside the car. Police are continuing to investigate and added it to the state database.
Saturday, March 24
- At 6:32 p.m., police confiscated a BB pistol gun at Condon Park that was being used by two youths.
- At 10:45 p.m., police responded to T.G.I. Friday's for a report of a car break-in. A minivan car window was smashed in, and the owner reported a purse, iPod and GPS unit missing.
Friday, March 23
- At 11:54 a.m., police arrested Donna Falcone, 54 of Dedham, for allegedly shoplifting a video game from Best Buy on Providence Highway. She had purchased other items, but had placed the game in her purse, according to police. She was charged with shoplifting by asportation.
- At 5 p.m., a bicyclist on Common Street was sent to the hospital after a 2011 Toyota Prius hit him as the driver turned from Common Street into the Northeastern University parking lot. The driver of the Prius said she didn't see the bicyclist, and a witness at the scene said she had her direction signal on
- At 5:24 p.m., a caller reported two youths walking along MBTA train tracks behind the American Red Cross. When police responded, one of the youths had a BB rifle gun in a duffel bag. Both youths were sent away with a verbal warning.
- At 6:13 p.m., police arrested David Lynch, 42 of Dedham, and charged him with domestic assault and witness intimidation.