Mom's Curried Chicken Salad With Fruit
This lovely chicken salad makes a great topping for crackers or in a sandwich. It fits in perfectly with a Mother's Day brunch.
"Love, like a chicken salad a restaurant has, must be taken with blind faith or it loses its flavor." ~Helen Rowland
It's Mother's Day and like most of us I'm sure your plans revolve around visiting with the women in your life. And eating. Don't most of our plans revolve around food?
I am having my family over tomorrow for an afternoon of laughs, food and celebrating the moms in the family (we have big family so there are quite a few). Since the weather is going to be so beautiful we'll be outdoors, grilling. The usual suspects will be in attendance; hot dogs, hamburgers, various salads, chips and dips. I am also making a great curried chicken salad to serve with crackers.
This chicken salad is light and tasty, with just a bit of punch from the curry, sweetness from red grapes and a bit of crunch from walnuts. It makes a great appetizer to serve on crackers or as a sandwich. I especially like to spread it on a toasted bagel.
Curried Chicken Salad With Fruit
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Refrigerate at least overnight. Letting the flavors meld together makes the chicken salad so much better.
Enjoy! Happy Mother's Day!