Labor Day Weekend in Dedham Means Plenty To Do
Once the rain passes, sunny weather should provide for plenty of fun outdoors.
Labor Day weekend is here, and besides stocking up for barbecues and watching college football's kick-off weekend, here are some things to do this extended weekend around town:
- If you took advantage of the weekend and chose to take Friday off, head to Nobles for a girls soccer scrimmage between Nobles and Dedham. It starts at 10 a.m., so Earl won't be here yet.
- The rain may come this weekend, but to lift your spirits, go donate blood for children at Dedham High School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. The blood drive is in the name of Sally Naser, a 10-year-old Dedham girl battling cancer.
- Get your first look at the Dedham High football team, as they will scrimmage at North Quincy Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
- On Sunday, visit two outdoor markets - the Country Market in the Square, and the open-air market at Legacy Place.
- Labor Day weather calls for a nice 78-degree day with the sun out, so head to one of several town parks and soak in the holiday.