From safety tips on trick-or-treating or guidance about costumes, the Dedham Police Department has released a list of procedures all parents and guardians should take to keep loved ones safe this Halloween.
1. Use costumes, beards, wigs that are flame resistant.
2. Do not use masks that cover eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Wear bright clothing, use reflective tape or flashing light clip.
4. Children should use the sidewalk whenever possible.
5. Small children should always go with an adult.
6. Trick or Treat at homes you are familiar with.
7. Children should never go inside of the house.
8. An adult should check all treats before eating.
Make sure to drive carefully if you are transporting your children from house to house. Watch for children darting out from between cars. Be sure safety belts are fastened at all times. And have children get out of the on the curbside, away from traffic.