Five Things You Need to Know: September 21, Ice Cream Social, Writer's Weekend, and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Todays Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Tonight there is a chance of showers, mainly between 2am and 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 53, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Do you have a book in you? Join Jane K. Cleland, author of the Josie Prescott
Antiques Mysteries, for this highly interactive working weekend-Writer's Weekend: Telling Your Story...Writing the Truth. You’ll find how to write your book now by journeying through seven modules. It's happening today and it costs $595 if you need lodging, and $449 to just attend.
2. PathFinders Friday Night Affair, 269 Common Street, will have an Ice Cream Social tonight at 6:00 p.m. It will cost $5 per child and it's free for adults and children under 2 years old.
3. Paddy Mills will be performing LIVE at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street in Dedham. As a songwriter, Paddy has a knack for the overlooked. He knows that common sense is not so common, and simple truths are not so simple. With a hitch-hikers heart and a back pack full of notebook philosophy, Paddy leaves you grinning like you've just been let in on a secret -- one that you might just have known all along. The show starts at 8:00 p.m.
4. The Dedham Community Theater will be showing The Elephant Man, starring John Hurt and Anthony Hopkins. The movie starts at 11:15 p.m. at tickets are on sale for $6.
5. And if you want to learn how to knit, head over to Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High Street in Dedham. In this class they will go over the basic techniques it takes to do cables. This class will be a great jumping off point for those who have been too afraid to try cables. This is a pre-registration class so it's important to call and sign up before it's full.