Five Things You Need to Know: September 19, Knitting, Guitar Lessons, and More
Here are five things you need to know for Wednesday!
Todays Weather: Today will be raining, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before 7am, then Patchy fog between 8am and 9am with a high near 67. Tonight you can expect it to be partly cloudy with a low around 48, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Just because the new school year is around the corner, doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts provides exciting and educational programs, year round, for all girls entering grades K-12. Dedham Girl Scouts will kick-off the year by hosting a Girl Scout sign up today, at the Endicott Estates, 656 East Street in Dedham at 6:30 p.m. Stop by, meet new friends and learn about the exciting program options focusing on the arts, technology, outdoor adventure, health, beauty and more!
2. The Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary Club will have its meeting at the Holiday Inn, 55 Ariadne Road in Dedham. The meeting will start at 7:30 a.m.
3. The Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High Street in Dedham, will have a knitting class today at 1:00 P.M. This is a great time to come in and get the hand holding you need. It's a drop in so you can come only when you need help or every week. The cost for the class is $10.
4. The Justin House will have guitar lessons at 125 Sprague Street in Dedham. Lessons start at 6:30 p.m. and costs only $10.
5. The Dedham Community House, 671 High Street in Dedham, will have an "Open Gym" starting at 8:15 p.m. Bring your friends and basketball over to the DCH Gymnasium (green building located behind the main house) to shoot some hoops. This activity if FREE and DCH staff will be there to monitor activities.