Five Things You Need to Know: September 17, Yogalates, Greatest Street Contest, and More
Here are five things you need to know for Monday!
Todays Weather: Today will be sunny with a high near 76. For tonight, you can expect patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 52, according to The National Weather Service.
1. An innovative approach to fitness-focused workouts. Pilates fines tunes the body through strength and balance - pilates is a perfect complement to Yoga practice. Yogalates combines the two forms of mind body exercise to develop core strength, flexibility, balance and body alignment. The Dedham Community House, 671 High Street in Dedham, will hold a class at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $80.
2. Qigong and Tai Chi classes will be held at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street in Dedham. Learn the simple low impact exercises of qigong. Qigong means "Energy (qi or chi) practice (gung)". Learn both popular and rare exercises that originated from China centuries ago to help loosen your joints, add flexibility, improve your immune system, and help relax your whole body. Class starts at 8:00 p.m. and costs $1.
3. The Blue Bunny, 577 High Street in Dedham, will hold Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Preschoolers will enjoy these short stories and a craft activity to follow. Free! No pre-registration required.
4. Do you think your street is the greatest street in Dedham? What makes it so great? Tell us why and win a $250 block party! Donahue Real Estate Co. is now accepting entries to nominate your street. Enter by submitting an essay, a video or a clever creation that explains why your street should win. Nominations are due by Monday Oct. 1. Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Donahue Real Estate, 15 Bryant St. Dedham, MA 02026 c/o “Best Street in Dedham.”
5. Bring your unused keys and place them in the Keys for Hope Bucket. The keys will be melted down and the cash received will be used to help Dedham familes in need.