Five Things You Need to Know: September 13, Free Dance Class, Concert at Paradise, and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!!!
Todays Weather: Today you can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 81. Tonight there will be patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 56, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Jared Fiske will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street. Fiske is a singer-songwriter from Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Hailing from a musical family, Fiske honed his chops when he was a teenager by performing with his father and brother at bars and weddings.
2. Yiota Kariotis, 2nd place winner of So You Think You Can Dance Greece and former Dance Explosion student, will be offering a FREE trial hip hop class for adults at the Dance Explosion Studio, 95 Eastern Ave. The event will take place tonight at 7:45 p.m.
3. The Dedham Square Artist Guild, 553 High Street, is thrilled to present Luke Barry, Guild artist Jill Barry’s 7-year old son. As a child with autism, Luke often uses his art to communicate. Sometimes whimsical, very colorful and always expressive, a limited number of Luke’s drawings will be available for purchase during their September Artist of the Month Series: Luke Barry…Mini Artist. 100% of the proceeds from sales of Luke’s drawings will be going to CommunityAutism Resources and Luke’s Crayon Fund (to support the cost of his materials).
4. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High Street, will be having a "Hand Holding for Crocheters" event at 4:00 p.m. This is a great time to drop in and sit with Linda, get the help you need and meet new folks. Crocheters unite!!!!
5. Discover Music and Art, 597 High Street, will have instrument lessons with piano, violin, viola, recorder, banjo, and ukulele. oth children and adults alike reap many benefits from instrument instruction. Playing instruments improves our fine motor skills and hand eye coordination, music education overall engages both hemispheres of our brain. Which is highly beneficial at any age!