Five Things You Need to Know: September 10
Here are five things you need to know for Monday!
Todays Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Tonight you can expect it to be mostly clear, with a low around 47, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Whole Foods Market, 300 Legacy Place in Dedham, hosts Dr. Brian Clement, N.M.D., Ph.D., L.N., author, international lecturer and director of the renowned Hippocrates Health Institute. Dr. Clement will explore optimal nutrition to address autism, ADD/ADH, depression and your child. The event will start at 2:00 p.m.
2. The Dedham Community House, 671 High Street, will have a Yogalates Class at 6:30 p.m. Participants will gain improvement in posture and overall muscle tone. Yoga and pilates unite in this contemporary workout. Get the best of both worlds in one class. Please bring a mat and block to class. Yoga straps are a great addition to this class, but not mandatory. An 8-week session. $80
3. Learn the simple low impact exercises of Qigong at Paradise Cafe,565 High Street, Dedham. Qigong means "Energy (qi or chi) practice (gung)". Learn both popular and rare exercises that originated from China centuries ago to help loosen your joints, add flexibility, improve your immune system, and help relax your whole body. Class begins at 8:00 p.m.
4. The Blue Bunny, 577 High Street, will host preschool storytime at 10:30 a.m. Preschoolers will enjoy these short stories and a craft activity to follow. No pre-registration required, and it's free.
5. The Monday Morning-Stars, a ladies' candlepin bowling club, invites bowlers to join their group for an hour of candlepin bowling. They will meet at 16 Chestnut Street in Needham at 9:45 a.m.