Five Things You Need to Know: Sept. 27
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday.
Todays Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Tonight there will be a chance of rain, mainly after 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. The chance of precipitation is 30%, according to The National Weather Service.
1. There will be a Sales & Marketing Proposal Writers Conference at the Hilton, 25 Allied Drive in Dedham. The theme for this year’s symposium is #WIN. Our keynote speaker is Vicki Hitzges, former TV newscaster & host, energetic motivator and Zig Ziglar mentee. Registration fee ($190) includes access to all speaker events, 14 exhibitors of sales and proposal technology, breakfast, lunch and breaks.
2. Ray Mason will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street in Dedham. Although he’s never without his trusty 1965 Silvertone guitar, Ray Mason has made a reputation over 22 years of club gigs as one of New England’s more durable and respected songwriters. The show starts at 8:00 p.m.
3. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High Street in Dedham, will have a kids crochet class. Kids here is your opportunity to learn to chrochet or just boost your skills. It's a low key, fun, drop in class. Just $15 to join.
4. The Dedham Green Fair is joining Dedham Day on Sunday, September 30th from 12-5:00 at Barnes Memorial Field, Eastern Avenue (across from the tank at the American Legion). This year Dedham Day will be featuring environmentally friendly vendors, such as L.L. Bean, Whole Foods, Next Step Living, MIT Solar car, the Honda Insight, Green City Growers, Neponset River Watershed Association and much more.
5. Do you think your street is the greatest street in Dedham? What makes it so great? Tell us why and win a $250 block party! Donahue Real Estate Co. is now accepting entries to nominate your street. Enter by submitting an essay, a video or a clever creation that explains why your street should win. Nominations are due by Monday Oct. 1. Email your submissions to email@example.com or by mail to Donahue Real Estate, 15 Bryant St. Dedham, MA 02026 c/o “Best Street in Dedham.”