Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 5, Bengal Bunny Raffle, Artists and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Todays Weather: Today the sunshine will finally come back with a high near 78. For tonight it will be partly cloudy with a low around 55, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Tom Smith and Dan Cloutier will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. The concert is free to attend and starts at 8 p.m.
2. Check out the Artists of the Month Series, featuring Cindy Mootz and Lisa W.B. Walker. It's free to attend and the showroom opens at 12 p.m.
3. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have a Boot Camp: Karate for Beginners class. The class starts at 5:30 p.m. and costs $102 to join.
4. If you, or someone you know wishes that they can take one of the bunny statues home, they may get their wish. Bengal Bunny is being raffled off to the public! Raffle tickets are only $10 each and can be bought at the following locations:
- Dedham Farmer's Market
- First Church and Parish, 670 High St. from 12 p.m.- 6 p.m.
- Fall Fair and Pumpkin Festival on Oct. 21.
- Dedham Community House, 671 High St. from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
The winner will be announced on Nov. 3 at 3:45 p.m. at the Rabbit Open House Farewell.
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: You can support breast cancer research by affixing a special stamp to your mail. The U.S. Postal Service has been selling a stamp commemorating breast cancer awareness for the past 15 years. The agency has raised $75 million so far for research programs at the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense.