Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 25, Concerts, Storytime and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!
Today's Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 46, according to The National Weather Service.
1. 90 Mile Portage will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. The band began as an experimental creative outlet for the two musicians and a break from their regular touring gigs (with the stomp-grass trio Saint Anyway and as a solo pianist, respectively.) Set to Cosgrove’s lush and unconventional arrangements, Kallestad’s original songs come to life, inviting deep listening with needle-point lyrical observations buoyed by an ever evolving soundscape. he concert starts at 8 p.m. and is free to attend.
2. The First Church of Dedham-Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness class. The classes are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors. The class starts at 9:30 a.m. and costs $3.50 to join.
3. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Crochet class at 5 p.m. The class costs $15 to attend.
4. There will be a Zumba Toning class at 671 High St. in Dedham. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. The class costs $115 for an eight week session.
5. And the Dedham Public Library, 43 Church St. in Dedham, will have Children's Storytime at 10:30 a.m. This event is open to children of all ages and is free to attend, preregistration is not required.