Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 18, Taste Dedham, Concerts and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday.
Todays Weather: Today will be sunny with a high in the lower 60's. For tonight, you can expect it to be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. It will be cool with a low in the lower 50's, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Taste Dedham will be happening tonight at 6:30 p.m. The event will feature 29 Tasting stations and product sampling from the top restaurants of Dedham and surrounding towns; guest will be able to try their luck at the Taste Dedham Raffle, be entered to win a door prize, receive complimentary swag bags, bid on marvelous “Experience” Live Auction packages. The event will be located at Moseley's on the Charles, 50 Bridge St. in Dedham.Tickets for the event cost $30 and $35 at the door.
2. The Dedham Historical Society, 612 High St. in Dedham, will have a lecture on "Discovering Treasures...in Dedham." The lecture will be spoken by Lee Yates & Lydia Willsky on special historical artifacts found in the DHS collections. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. and costs $5 to attend.
3. Ryan LaPerle and Hayley Reardon will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. There has already been a lot of buzz about this show, so make sure you come in early to save a seat! The show starts at 8 p.m. and is free to attend.
4. The Dedham Public Library, 43 Church St. in Dedham, will have Children's Storytime at 10:30 a.m. The event is free to attend and is open to children of all ages. Registration is not required.
5. The First Church of Dedham-Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness Class at 9:30 a.m. The classes are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors. As with any exercise program, please get medical clearance from a qualified physician. Wear sturdy supportive athletic shoes and loose-fitting clothes. Bring water and hand-held weights.