Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 17, Kids Yoga, Rare Books and More
Here are five things you need to know for Wednesday!
Todays Weather: Today will be sunny with a high near 61. For tonight, you can expect it to be partly cloudy with a low around 49, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Come to the Dedham Public Library, 43 Church St. in Dedham, to see how much your old books are worth! Antique expert, Kenneth Gloss, will bring to the lecture several examples of notable books, magazines and ephemera from his store's private collection, such as a 1912 World Series scorecard and examples of old LIFEMagazines. He also will show a sales brochure for the Titanic. The event starts at 7 p.m.
2. The Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary Club will be meeting at 7:30 a.m. The club meets at the Holiday Inn, 55 Ariadne Rd. in Dedham.
3. There will be a Yoga class at 269 Common St. in Dedham. This course is designed to prepare you for any physical or mental challenges that you may be facing in your daily life, while teaching you self-awareness. The class starts at 10 a.m. and costs $95.
4. Sheep Skate Yard & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham will have a Needy Knitters class at 1 p.m. This is a great time to come in and get the hand holding you need. The class costs $10 to join.
5. There will be a Kids Yoga class at Stil Studio, 740 Legacy Pl. in Dedham. The participants will engage through movement, music, and games. The class is open to children from ages 3 to 6 and costs $15 to join.