Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 16, Open House at DHS, Joint Replacement and More
Here are five things you need to know for Tuesday!
Todays Weather: Today there will be mostly clear skies with a high near 60. Tonight will also be clear with a low around 38, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Dedham High School, 140 Whiting Ave., will have an open house for parents and students from 4th grade to 8th grade. Come and see what the high school has to offer and even meet the staff! The event will start at 5:30 p.m.
2. Daniel Ward, MD will be giving a lecture on joint replacement. He will answer any questions and will discuss hip and knee replacement surgery, as well as discuss when to consider surgery. The event will take place at the Hilton, 25 Allied Dr. at 6:30 p.m.
3. Newbridge On the Charles, 5000 Newbridge Cir. in Dedham, is looking for drivers to assist with their shuttle transportation service from NewBridge in Dedham to Forrest Hills. They will have an open house at 4 p.m. for those who are interested.
4. There will be a Zumba class at 671 High St. in Dedham. This Latin-inspired, easy-to-follow, dance-fitness party exhilarates their senses and works all their major muscle groups in a high-energy cardio blast that leaves them invigorated, refreshed and full of life. The class costs $80 for an eight week session.
5. The First Church of Dedham- Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness Class at 9:30 a.m. The classes are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors. As with any exercise program, please get medical clearance from a qualified physician. Wear sturdy supportive athletic shoes and loose-fitting clothes. And bring water and hand-held weights.