Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 11, Artists, Concerts and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!
Todays Weather: Today will be sunny with a high near 60. For tonight you can expect clear skies with a low around 44, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Artist Cindy Mootz will talk about the process of monotype printing and demonstrates one type using gelatin (yes, the type used in food!) tonight at 7 p.m. This will be a "hands on" demonstration and attendees will be encouraged to try it! The event is free and will take place at the Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High St. in Dedham.
2. Ian Fitzgerald will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. Of Ian's songwriting, no less an authority than Vance Gilbert actually said : "He can obviously construct a lyric better than I ever could." Of course, he could have gone on and said: "Ian captures breaths from the mouths of angels and pieces them gently together into the words and phrases that not even those heavenly creatures would dare speak," but he absolutely did not say that, and for good reason. The concert is free and starts at 8 p.m.
3. There will be a Zumba Toning class at 671 High St. in Dedham. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. The class starts at 7:15 p.m. and costs $115 for an eight week session.
4. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Crochet class at 5 p.m. This will be a great way for kids to learn how to chrochet or just boost their skills.
5. And if you're looking to learn an instrument, check out Discover Music and Art, 597 High St. in Dedham. Both children and adults can pick instruments like the piano, violin, or the ukulele. The class costs $32 per half hour.