Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 1 Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and More
Here are five things you need to know for Monday.
Todays Weather: Today it will be partly sunny, with a high near 69. For tonight you can expect it to be partly cloudy, with a low around 52, according to The National Weather Service.
1. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! And you can go to the American Cancer Society's website if you would like to participate in this year's breast cancer walk.
2. The Dedham Democratic Town Committee, in partnership with the Elizabeth Warren campaign, invites interested residents to Debate Watch Party for the second of three televised debates for the candidates for U.S. Senate this campaign season. The event will haappen at Deli After Dark, 545 High Street, in Dedham at 6:00 p.m.
3. The Blue Bunny will host "Preschool Storytime" at 10:30 a.m. Preschoolers will enjoy these short stories and a craft activity to follow. It's free, and pre-registration is not required.
4. There will be a Yogalates class at The Dedham Community House, 671 High Street in Dedham. Participants will gain improvement in posture and overall muscle tone. Yoga and pilates unite in this contemporary workout. Get the best of both worlds in one class. Please bring a mat and block to class. Yoga straps are a great addition to this class, but not mandatory. This eight week session is instructed by Certified Personal Trainer, Pilates Mat and Group Exercise Instructor Carol A. O'Connor. $80 to join the class.
5. There will be a weekly Qigong & Tai Chi class at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street in Dedham. Learn both popular and rare exercises that originated from China centuries ago to help loosen your joints, add flexibility, improve your immune system, and help relax your whole body. The class costs $70 for 5 classes.