Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 19, School Committee Meeting, Yoga and More
Here are five things you need to know for Monday!
Today's Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high of 48. For tonight, mostly cloudy, with a low around 31 , according to The National Weather Service.
1. There will be a Dedham School Committee meeting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be located at the Dedham High School Auditorium.
2. The Allin Congregational Church, 683 High St. in Dedham, will have a Yoga for Health & Healing class at 6 p.m. Through a deep focus on the breath, you will find your strongest Self as well as practice releasing tensions and muscular patterns that often impede us in a safe, warm, beautiful setting. The class costs $13 to join.
3. The Blue Bunny, 577 High St. in Dedham, will have Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Preschoolers will enjoy three short stories and a craft activity. The event is free and pre-registration is not required.
4. There will be a Qigong & Tai Chi class at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. Learn both popular and rare exercises that originated from China centuries ago to help loosen your joints, add flexibility, improve your immune system, and help relax your whole body. The class costs $70 for five classes.
5. And kids, get ready to grab those pencils, paintbrushes and crayons! Help transform Dedham Square into a colorful winter wonderland in time for the Annual Dedham Square Holiday Stroll on Friday, Nov. 30.
All children can draw, paint or create a collage to represent what the holidays mean to them.
Bring your picture to Dedham Square Artist Guild, Dedham Square, 553 High Street between Nov. 17-28 and your masterpiece will be displayed in one of the merchants’ windows throughout the Square the night of the Holiday Stroll!
And get a holiday prize when you drop off your artwork. You will also be entered to win a fun-filled kids’ holiday gift basket.