Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 16, Concerts, Holiday Stroll, Karate and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Today's Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with a high of 49. For tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 30, according to The National Weather Service.
1. Mark Mandeville and Raianne Richards will be performing at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham, at 8 p.m. They're a folk duo from Massachusetts who sing songs which resonate with the lover of Americana and old country music, commanding familiar traditional melodies and poignant, introspective lyrics, and backing them with delicate arrangements on ukulele, clarinet, guitar and banjo.
2. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have a Boot Camp: Karate class at 5:30 p.m. The class open to residents of all ages, from 7 to senior citizen and costs $102 to join.
3. Fontbonne Academy, 930 Brook Rd. in Milton, presents "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus" at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at the door prior to each performance. Get into the holiday season with this dramatic production based on the Christmas classic!
4. The Dedham Community House will also have a Tai Chi class at 7 p.m. and costs $102 to join.
5. And help transform Dedham Square into a colorful winter wonderland in time for the Annual Dedham Square Holiday Stroll on Friday, Nov. 30. Children up through eighth grade are invited to draw, paint or create a collage to represent what the holidays mean to them.
Bring your picture to Dedham Square Artist Guild, Dedham Square, 553 High Street between now and Nov. 28 and your masterpiece will be displayed in one of the merchants’ windows throughout the Square the night of the Holiday Stroll!
Everyone who enters gets a holiday prize when you drop off your artwork and all are entered to win a fun-filled kids’ holiday gift basket.