Five Things You Need to Know: June 15
Two events going on at Whole Foods, karate and tai chi classes, and it wouldn't be Friday without Frank Arren walks and talks.
Today's Weather: Should be a sunny Friday with highs of 72, dropping to 51 at night. Throughout the weekend, the sun continues with some fog rolling in on Sunday according to the National Weather Service.
1. Support local vendors today at Whole Foods. Local Palozza is Whole Foods day when they have over 30 local vendors set up shop in and around the store to provide their home-grown delights. Starts at noon.
2. Another, bit more tipsy event at Whole Foods today is Beers for Dad Tasting Event a get together geared at father's day gifts. Several local beer brewers will be coming to Whole Foods at 5 p.m. to support the tasting.
3. The Dedham Community House is offering two exciting new styles of exercise. Karate for Beginners kicks off at 5:30 p.m. followed by Tai Chi Class at 7 p.m. Call 781-329-5740 to sign up for classes.
4. And it wouldn't be Friday without Frank Arren. Frank first hosts his weekly walks at 8:30 a.m. followed by his Networking Group at noon over at the Congregational Church on 1154 Great Plain Avenue in Needham.
5. Today in History: It was today in 1996 that legendary jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald passed away in Belvery Hills, CA.