Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 9, Build a Robot, Storytime at Whole Foods and More
Here are five things you need to know for Wednesday!
Today's Weather: Today will be mostly sunny, with highs in the upper 40s. For tonight, mostly clear. And there will be lows in the upper 20s, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary will have their weekly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 55 Ariadne Rd. in Dedham. The meeting starts at 7:30 a.m.
2. Whole Foods Market, 300 Legacy Pl. in Dedham, will have a free Stories and Snacks event at 9:30 a.m. Each week a guest reader will share one of their favorite stories while Maureen gets the kids involved with simple food related activities like smoothie making! Kids of all ages are invited.
3. Nobles Day Camp will be hosting a Moms and Tots event at 10 a.m. This is a great opportunity for moms with kids from 2 to 6-years-old to get together in a large indoor play space. Each session will involve a special activity, snack and the chance to make new friends. The event is free for Day Camp families and $5 for non-camp families.
4. Stil Studio, 740 Legacy Pl. in Dedham, will have a Kids Yoga class at 3:30 p.m. Classes will engage children through movement, music, games and inspired Yoga-play to capture their attention and their imaginations as they refine their motor skills and understanding. The class costs $15 to join.
5. And Dedham Parks and Recreation, 269 Common St. in Dedham, will have an Introduction to Robotics event at 4 p.m. Each participant will build and keep their own working robot which will be able to walk across a room or climb up a rope depending on the participants preference and they will be able to keep their own robot. They will also be working in a team, students will construct a robot that can play soccer and compete in a mini soccer tournament. The event costs $120.