Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 17, Diabetes Support Group, Yoga for Stiff People and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!
Today's Weather: Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 42. For tonight, there will be a chance of snow showers, mainly between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The First Church of Dedham-Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness class at 9:30 a.m. The classes are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors and cost $3.50 to join.
2. The Dedham Health & Athletic Complex, 200 Providence Hwy. in Dedham, will have a free Diabetes Suport Group at 10:00 a.m.
3. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Crochet class at 5 p.m. Kids will get the opportunity to learn crochet or even boost their skills. The class costs $15 to join.
4. Yoga Now, 565 High St. in Dedham, will have a Yoga for Stiff People class at 5 p.m. If you wake up with morning stiffness, are recovering from illness or injury, or have difficulty moving the way you used to, this class will help you recover lost flexibility, vitality, and ease of movement and acquaint or reacquaint you with regular yoga practice. The class costs $15 to join.
5. And the Dedham Historical Society, 612 High St. in Dedham, will host a lecture entitled, "The Saturday Evening Girls and the Paul Revere Pottery." The lecture is free for Historical Society members and costs $5 for non-members.