Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 7, Love is in the Square, Kettlebell Fitness and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!
Today's Weather: Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 24. For tonight, there will be a chance of snow showers, mainly after 3 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 18, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The First Church of Dedham-Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness class at 9:30 a.m. The classes are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors and costs $3.50 to join.
2. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have a Home Alone Safety class at 3:15 p.m. Children from 9-to 11-years-old will learn telephone and door answering techniques, internet safety, accident and fire protection, first aid techniques and how children should manage their time when home alone for short periods of time. The class costs $45.
3. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Hand-holding for Crocheters class at 4 p.m. The class costs $10 to join.
4. There will be a "Love is in the Square" event at the Dedham Community Theatre, 580 High St. in Dedham. Celebrate Valentine's Day early in Dedham Square while merchants stay open late with special offers, menu items, live music and Valentine's treats. And enter to win a love basket full of Dedham Square gift certificates and goodies in their free raffle. The event starts at 5 p.m.
5. And Solid Body Fitness, 123 Stergis Way in Dedham, will have a Kettlebell Fitness class at 7 p.m. This 45 minute class includes cardio conditioning and strength training. Improve your balance, range of motion, and stamina. The class costs $20 to join.