Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 1, Artist of the Month, Healing Art of Yoga and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Today's Weather: Today there will be a slight chance of snow showers before 11 .am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. For tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 14, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Allin Congregational Church, 683 High St. in Dedham, will have a Healing Art of Yoga class at 7:30 a.m. Using your breath, props, chairs and a bit of humor you will strengthen and open your minds. The cost of the class is $17 to join.
2. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have a Boot Camp: Karate for Beginners class at 5:30 p.m. The class costs $120 to join.
3. The Dedham Community House will also have Tai Chi classes at 7 p.m. The class is for Karate beginners and is open to all from the age of 7 to senior citizens. The class costs $120 to join.
4. There will be a PathFinders Arts & Crafts class at 6:30 p.m. at 269 Common St. in Dedham. Registration is required and the cost of each class is $35.
5. And the Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High St. in Dedham, will have their February Artist of the Month showcase. Kerry Hawkins will be showing her work and will focus on her macro shots of nature. The Guild opens at 12 p.m.