Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 28, Teachers Benefit, Vacation Week Program and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Today's Weather: Today will be sunny, with a high near 36. For tonight, mostly cloudy, with a low around 22, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Dedham Community House will have a December Vacation Week Program for kids. Kids will participate in sports & games, arts & crafts, woodworking, science and more! They will even end the week off with a cookout! Sign up for individual days or the whole program! Extended hours available from 8 a.m. to 9 am and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Go to www.dedhamcommunityhouse.org for more info!
2. Check out the December Artists of the Month gallery at the Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High St. in Dedham. This month the gallery will feature Photographer Alice Donaldson, Jewelry Artists Monica Fairbairn and Barbara Trainer. The gallery opens at 12 p.m.
3. There will be an Aide to the Teachers Benefit at Moseley's on the Charles, 50 Bridge St. in Dedham at 7 p.m. The event costs $20 to attend and all proceeds will go to the teachers of Sandy Hook Elementary to rebuild their classrooms. The event will feature live entertainment, food, and raffles.
4. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have a Tai Chi class at 7 p.m. This class costs $102 and is for Karate beginners.
5. And there will be a Super Singles Pre-New Year's Dance at 801 Greenwich Ave. in Warwick, RI. Enjoy hors d'oeuvres, music by Top DJ, generous door prizes, Cash Bar, and a friendly atmosphere. This event is best for Singles 35-65 years of age, from all types of professions and backgrounds for socializing, dancing and general entertainment. The event costs $12 to attend and doors open at 8 p.m.