Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 27, December Artists Gallery, Zumba and More
Here are five things you need to know for Thursday!
Today's Weather: Today we'll have some rain with patchy fog before 1 p.m., then patchy fog after 5 p.m. with a high near 46. For tonight, a rain and snow mix with a low around 29, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Dedham Community House will also have a December Vacation Week Program for kids. Kids will participate in sports & games, arts & crafts, woodworking, science and more! They will even end the week off with a cookout! Sign up for individual days or the whole program! Extended hours available from 8 a.m. to 9 am and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Go to www.dedhamcommunityhouse.org for more info!
2. First Church of Dedham- Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham, will have an Older Adult Fitness class at 9:30 a.m. The class costs $3.50 and are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors.
3. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Crochet class at 5 p.m. This is a great opportunity for kids to learn how to chrochet or just boost your skills. The class costs $15 to join.
4. There will be a Zumba Toning class at 671 High St. in Dedham. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. The class starts at 7:15 p.m. and costs $115 for an eight week session.
5. And check out the December Artists of the Month gallery at the Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High St. in Dedham. This month the gallery will feature Photographer Alice Donaldson, Jewelry Artists Monica Fairbairn and Barbara Trainer. The gallery opens at 12 p.m.