Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 26, December Vacation Week Programs, Yoga and More
Here are five things you need to know for Wednesday!
Today's Weather: Today there will be increasing clouds, with a high near 36. For tonight, rain and snow, becoming all rain after 2 a.m. The rain could be heavy at times. The low will be around 33, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have an Open Gym for High School students at 8:15 a.m. Students can bring their friends and basketball over to the DCH Gymnasium (green building located behind the main house) to shoot some hoops. This activity is free and DCH staff will be there to monitor activities.
2. The Neponset Valley Sunrise Rotary Club will be meeting at the Holiday Inn, 55 Ariadne Rd. in Dedham. The meeting will start at 7:30 a.m.
3. The Dedham Community House will also have a December Vacation Week Program for kids. Kids will participate in sports & games, arts & crafts, woodworking, science and more! They will even end the week off with a cookout! Sign up for individual days or the whole program! Extended hours available from 8 a.m. to 9 am and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (we are closing at 4 pm on 12/31). Go to www.dedhamcommunityhouse.org for more info!
4. Stil Studio, 740 Legacy Pl. in Dedham, will have a Kids Yoga class at 3:30 p.m. Classes engage children through movement, music, games and inspired Yoga-play to capture their attention and their imaginations as they refine their motor skills and understanding. The class costs $15 to join.
5. And Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Knit class at 5 p.m. Kids 8-years-old and older can come and learn to knit or advance their skills. The class costs $15 to join.