Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 20, Wellness Fair, Diabetes Support Group and More
Here are five things to know for Thursday!
Today's Weather: Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 42. For tonight, rain is likely, mainly after 3 a.m. with patchy fog after 4 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 35, according to The National Weather Service.
1. New Balance in Legacy place will host a free Wellness Fair at 3 p.m. B-Good will be on hand with refreshments, a rep from LA Fitness will be available to talk about getting fit in 2013, and will be on hand to do foot scans, fittings, and to advise about Good Form Running and Good Form Walking.
2. There will be an Older Adult Fitness class at the First Church of Dedham-Unitarian, 670 High St. in Dedham. The classes cost $3.50 and are led by a certified knowledgeable instructor experienced in working with seniors.
3. The Dedham Health & Athletic Complex, 200 Providence Hwy. in Dedham, will have a free Diabetes Support Group at 10 a.m.
4. Sheep Skate Yarn & Craft, 549 High St. in Dedham, will have a Kids Crochet class at 5 p.m. In the class kids will get the opportunity to learn to crochet and boost their skills. The class costs $15 to join.
5. And there will be a Zumba Toning class at 671 High St. in Dedham. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. Classes cost $115 for an eight week session.