Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 17, Yogalates, Bowling and More
Here are five things you need to know for Monday!
Today's Weather: Today there will be some showers, with a high near 46. For tonight, more showers with a low around 43, according to The National Weather Service.
1. The Allin Congregational Church, 683 High St. in Dedham, will have a Yoga for Health & Healing class at 6 p.m. Through a deep focus on the breath, you will find your strongest Self as well as practice releasing tensions and muscular patterns that often impede us in a safe, warm, beautiful setting. The class costs $13 to join.
2. There will be a Qigong & Tai Chi class at Paradise Cafe, 565 High St. in Dedham. Learn both popular and rare exercises that originated from China centuries ago to help loosen your joints, add flexibility, improve your immune system, and help relax your whole body. The class starts at 8 p.m. and costs $70 for five classes.
3. The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham, will have aa Yogalates class at 6:30 p.m. Yogalates combines the two forms of mind body exercise to develop core strength, flexibility, balance and body alignment. The class costs $60 to join.
4. The Monday Morning-Stars Bowling Club will have their meeting at 16 Chestnut St. in Needham at 9:45 a.m. There are no teams and no weekly commitments, just exercise and fun.
5. Decorating your house for the holidays? If so, enter Patch's Deck the House contest for a chance to win $100,000 for the Dedham school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!