Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 14 Storytime with Peter Reynolds, Holiday Party and More
Here are five things you need to know for Friday!
Today's Weather: Today will be sunny, with a high near 47. For tonight, mostly clear, with a low around 26, according to The National Weather Service.
1. There will be a Tai Chi class at The Dedham Community House, 671 High St. in Dedham. This class for Karate beginners is open to all from the age of 7 to senior citizens. The class costs $102 and starts at 7 p.m.
2. Dedham's own Peter H. Reynolds, NY Times Best-Selling Author and Illustrator and owner of The Blue Bunny, will read “The Dot” at The Home for Little Wanderers Toy Room at 680 Legacy Pl. in Dedham. Children and their families can come to this free event and also enjoy light refreshments. These events are part of the Big Wishes Gift Drive. Those attending are asked to bring an unwrapped gift or gift card to donate to the Big Wishes Gift Drive. The event starts at 3:30 p.m.
3. The Dedham Food Pantry will have a general meeting at The Endicott Estate, 656 East St. in Dedham at 7 p.m. Come join their meeting to learn more about the Pantry and how it helps over 250 families in need! Get involved by volunteering your time from 1-3 hours per month while making new friends that are giving back to the community.
4. Dedham Savings is inviting the community into their Main Office lobby, 55 Elm St. in Dedham, during the week of Dec. 10 to 15 for live holiday music (local choirs, schools, soloists, etc.), hot apple cider and light refreshments. This free event starts at 8:30 p.m.
5. Decorating your house for the holidays? If so, enter Patch's Deck the House contest for a chance to win $100,000 for the Dedham school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!