Five Things You Need to Know: August 15
Here are five things you need to know to help start your day!
Todays Weather: A chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly after 9 a.m., otherwise it will be mostly cloudy with a high around 84. Tonight you can expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 9 p.m. and 3 a.m. with a low of 66 according the National Weather Service.
1. Check out the Farmer's Market in Dedham. It runs from 12 noon- 6 p.m. rain or shine, and it's located on the green in front of First Church of Dedham, at the intersection of High and Court Streets, across from the Dedham Community House.
2. Every Wednesday at 10 am during July and August the Dedham Historical Society will offer a free 1 hour program for kids ages 8-14 focusing on local history and family genealogy.The program is free; however, the Society requests parents call ahead to reserve a space.
3. And if you're interested in learning guitar, The Justin House will be offering lessons for $10 at 6:30 p.m. The Justin House is located at 125 Sprague Street in Dedham.
4. Every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m., Whole Foods in Dedham offers an hour of stories, crafts, coloring and of course healthy snacks in their Wellness Club. Kids participate in a variety of hands on activites, including smoothie making and other simple treats.
5. And if you want to be involved, the Dedham School Committee will hold a public hearing tonight at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall. The topic refers to a revised Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement between the School and Police departments regarding the handling of mandatory reportable incidents of Dedham Public School students, including underage drinking and use of illicit drugs, while off-campus during the regular school year.