Five Things to Know: August 17
Here are five things to know to help start your day!
Todays Weather: Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Tonight will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
1. Susan Levine, and Austin & Elliot will be performing tonight at Paradise Cafe, 565 High Street, Dedham. The show is free and it starts at 8 p.m.
2. Born and raised in Dedham, Barye Hall was drawn to nature early on. Raising numerous birds and mammals left him with a strong connection to wild things and their beauty. Come see Barye's work at the Dedham Square Artists Guild, 553 High Street. The event starts at 12 noon.
3. You can also check out Boot Camp Karate at The Dedham Community House, 671 High Street, Dedham. This class for Karate beginners is open to all from the age of 7 to senior citizens. Sensie John Morash is the instructor for this class. $102.00
4. And if Karate isn't your thing, you can try some Tai Chi. The classes are also offered at The Dedham Community House, and starts at 7 p.m. $102.00
5. Today in History: Hurricane Diane, following hurricane Connie floods Connecticut River killing 190 and doing $1.8 billion damage (1955),President Bill Cinton admits he had an "inapproprate realtionship" with Monica Lewinsky (1998), and Michael Phelps wins 8 Gold Medals (2008),