Five Things to Know: August 16
Here are five things to know to help start your day!
REMINDER: The contractor will be working this evening on the Dedham Square Project from 10 PM - 6 AM
Todays Weather:Mostly cloudy in the morning...then it becomes partly sunny. There will also be a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog in the morning. Humid with highs in the mid 80s. The chance of rain will be 50 percent. Tonight will be mostly clear. Patchy fog. Lows in the lower 60s according to The National Weather Service.
1. Dedham Square Circle is hosting "Touch the Trucks" at which kids can get a close-up view of the diggers, tractors, and trucks that have been working on the Dedham Square Improvement Project. There will also be an Ice Cream Social with ice cream from the Square's own Ron's Gourmet Ice Cream. Hard hats to the first 100 kids at the event. The event will be at the Keystone Parking Lot.
2. Thea Hopkins and Andy Hollinger will be performing at Paradise Cafe at 565 High Street in Dedham. The show starts at 8 p.m. and it's free!
3. Join the Keys for Hope Collection today and bring your unused keys and place them in the Keys for Hope Bucket. The keys will be melted down and the cash received will be used to help Dedham familes in need. This will run all day at the Dedham Town Hall, 26 Bryant Street in Dedham.
4. MacFarlane Energy in Dedham is teaming up with The Home for Little Wanderers to help prepare kids for the upcoming school year. Receiving the school supplies which at some schools is a requirement, prepares our children for a successful school year and boosts their self-esteem and confidence. All donations of new backpacks and school supplies for youth of all ages can be dropped off at 95 Bridge Street in Dedham anytime during the day.
5. The Blue Bunny, located at 577 High Street in Dedham, will be hosting a booksigning event with Peter H. Reynolds celebrating the release of "Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm" written by Megan McDonald and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. The event will start at 6:30 p.m.